Yo. I am Faeriedaughter.
I am a witch, a goddess worshipper or whatever it’s called (goddessist?) and a Dedicant of the Goddess in training.
I started my witchy adventure at 13, reading an article in a magazine about witchraft, and guiltily learning more. I always assumed that it was just a phase I was going through, coming from an atheist family who tends to think of religious people as well meaning but not quite all there. Over a decade later (and being in my early/mid twenties I’m still reeling over the fact I am old enough to have done anything for a decade) and I’ve finally figured that if I haven’t given it up by now, it’s not going anywhere.
I live in smartypants Cambridge in magical England with my gorgeous boyfriend Superman and our housemate Buddhabear. (I wanted to call him our buddhist sidekick, but I’m not sure how he’s feel about that). By day I occasionally do officey temp stuff – by night I am a professional belly dance performer and teacher and a pro mermaid. That’s my real job. I’m like Batman, only glittery. Somewhere in between I am a witch and a goddess nut.
I’m one of those uber creative types who is incredible at making loads of cool stuff – painting, dancing, sewing, you name it – but is a bit pants at the regular skills that get you places in the real world, like counting money, looking for errors on spreadsheets, and sitting at a computer all day.
I dig mermaids, dancing, Britney Spears (shhh), lizards, the ocean, Charmed, incense, getting flowers and comics.
I’m very excitable, and I always try to see the good stuff in every moment. I don’t always manage it, or remember to, but I did say try.
Important Facts about FaerieD:
- If I had to be either a vampire or a werewolf, I’d be werewolf. Obviously.
- My superpower is noticing things other people don’t – I’m the first to find the dropped screw, the discoloured mark on a rug, the dropped phone in a car park. Fzzzam!
- I didn’t like glitter when I was younger, I thought it was tacky and awful. How wrong was I.
- I was never baptised, so when I die, rumour has it that I will have to ride with the faery rade for all eternity. Oh No!
- My favorite colour is pink, followed by green, turquoise and all the other colours.
- My white whale is never believing I am quite good enough.
- My favourite movies include RED (with Bruce Willis and Helen Mirren being ex CIA agents, ho ho ho) and Puss in Boots.
- I freakin’ love Halloween
About The Faeriedaughter Blog
I’ve been a serial journalist since I’ve been a teenager, and a while back I decided to take it to the web to tell my story to friendly strangers everywhere.
Here I write about spirituality and stuff. This is some of the key things I am into.
- I’ve super mega interested in the devotional aspects of Goddess Spirituality and witchcraft, and try my best to cultivate what I call Priestessfulness in my life, which is bringing the Goddess/Divine into my every day life.
- I read crap-tons, and a lot of the crap gets filtered through my brain and is thought about here on the blog.
- I freakin’ love mermaids, and find them a huge inspiration. Mermaids rock. Word.
- I love Avalon – the mythology, the goddesses, the archetypes, the Glastonbury landscape- and am a huge fan of the work of Kathy Jones.
- And of Franchesca de Grandis, she’s my homegirl and makes my soul happy.
- I believe Witch is a doing word – I don’t believe you can be a witch if you don’t actually practice the craft. It’s not a set of beliefs, or a thought about who you are. It’s all about action, baby.
- Gimmie something about faeries, folklore, or faerytales, and I am hooked.
You probably won’t like, or agree with, everything I say, but then I’d be creeped out if you did. Stalker!